Would you or your children know what to do in case your home is affected by fire, flood, storm or other disaster? Sadly, several families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency takes place, there is a great chance you will not all be in the same place. This is why making an emergency family plan now is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a customizable templatecreated to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Then, just save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email copies to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of food, water and other necessities in case of emergency. Paul Davis highly recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for at least 3 days
- Food – at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make sure you are aware of disaster plans with your community, schools, employer, etc. Know where your closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least twice per year.
Having a plan in place will better prepare you and your family when dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. Here at Paul Davis, we want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please take a moment to download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by storm, fire, water, mold or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form